[TR] TR4 front floor mats

Jerry Van Vlack jerryvv at roadrunner.com
Mon Jan 17 15:35:40 MST 2011

I recall them from my TR4A too. Eventually they tore and were replaced with
carpets. I'm an ex rubber molding guy and the biggest obstacle is the cost
of a mold. The rubber and the molding process would be relatively
inexpensive in comparison. The other issue would be getting them correct as
there may not be any usable samples around to duplicate. I remember tossing
mine once I placed the carpet but thinking whether I should hold on to them.
Guess I should have done so. I wonder if the 4 and 4A are the same? I'm
thinking they would be but no real proof that they are. Can anyone verify
that? My TR4A parts book shows them as special order items so I assume that
carpets were standard on 4A's. My personal experience does not confirm that
however. P/N for right side is 708843 and for left is 708841.The parts
manual shows them under the carpets but I don't recall that to be the case
with my car. Memory is not so good as it once was either.
JVV
66 Triumph TR4A since 1969