[TR] Stainless Brake Pipes

GHaynesTR4 at aol.com GHaynesTR4 at aol.com
Sun Jan 2 13:20:19 MST 2011

Last week I called my favorite supplier of stainless brake pipes to order a
set for the project TR4A. Much to my dismay, the price has gone from $199.
to $398. per set.   And the small pipes at the front brake calipers, have
gone from $30. each to $50. each.   Wow! $500.!

While I always thought of stainless pipes as an excellent upgrade for a
restoration, and have been using them myself, the price increase has really put
me off.   It's very difficult talking the owner into that much expense.
Are there other suppliers of SS pipes with more reasonable prices?
George Haynes