[TR] Modernity of Thinking

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Dec 20 22:02:22 MST 2011

> I went with an upgraded rear seal last time
> that had instructions to clip the spring by a certain amount.
>  Has there been an improvement in the rear seal solution in
> the past ten years?

Yes, there has.  Unfortunately, it is intended to be used with the original
scroll still on the crankshaft; while you have apparently had yours ground
off.

If the older style worked for you, then I'd just replace the seal portion,
clip the same amount off the spring, and go with it.  Unless you plan to
replace the crank anyway.

-- Randall