[TR] ring gap ect.

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 13 20:18:23 MST 2011

Every once in a while during a complete restoration, that's taking several
years, a person gets the frightening realization that he can't remember doing
some critical measurement or task, that if not completed will bring down the
whole project during the first drive.
This came to mind while reading the
post on rings and ring gap.  I think I checked ring gap on my tr-3 engine
during assembly a long time ago but really can't remember.  Hopefully next
summer will be start up and trouble shooting time and I want that to go well.
My question is to those who have assembled engines more than I have.  How
common is it to have to file rings to get the correct gap?  I'm sure on my
last re-build on my tr-6, the rings needed no correction.  I'm hoping you will
all say they are usually correct and don't need filing.LOL

Just kind of
paranoid here and need some soothing.LOL

gary n.