[TR] TR6 Brake Upgrade

rcateb at comcast.net rcateb at comcast.net
Mon Dec 5 14:25:51 MST 2011

On my 75 TR6 I did the Toyota 4 Runner calipers (4 pot calipers) and Toyota rotors (Corolla I believe that were vented) about 4 years ago.
Cost was around $100 for the front. Replaced the rear cylinders with Alpine (7/8 inch I believe) cylinders to balance the system.
Easy mod to the front with cutting off a small tab piece of the brake shield and the fitting on the hard brake line into the caliper.
Repairing/replacing the Caliper and rotors with TR parts was easily 3 times the amount. The rotor also required some enlargement in
the center hole to fit over the TR hub. This was easily completed with a die grinder and some filing.
You may locate some postings on the TR sites for this setup however a lot of these tech mod write ups seem to have been redacted due to
liability concerns.
good luck.