[TR] Oil Filter Adapter - Pot. Problem?

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Tue Aug 23 15:50:40 MDT 2011

>I am about to convert my  1962 TR3A Perculator oil filter to a spin-on
>using the Moss adapter. In one of the earlier List mail some one
>mentioned that during a trip the bolt that mounts the adapter broke
>off and consequently nearly lost all  his oil. Is this a potential
>problem with this adapter --  should I take any special precautions?

Hans,

This was one of the most dependable mods I made to my '59 TR3A.  I haven't heard of a problem like you describe being anything like a systemic failure, but perhaps the adapter you're talking about is different than the one I bought some 8 years ago.  Have driven hard for over 50k miles now, no issues.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire