[TR] Seeking Classic Car Insurance Advice

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Aug 17 21:16:38 MDT 2011

FWIW, I have "stated value" insurance through Mercury and I have been very
happy with them.  It might be different if you have an over-restored show
winner; but I felt they were very fair in their valuation of my "daily
driver" TR3A when it got totaled a few years ago.  And even though I was
underinsured (the agent had even asked me if I wanted to raise the stated
value), it turned out OK because they let me keep the car (with overdrive,
Fidanza flywheel, etc.)

No restrictions, I even told them I drive it to work every day and keep it
parked on the street.  However, they refused to believe that I drive such an
old car by choice, and insisted on listing my "Triumph support vehicle" as
my primary car <g>

-- Randall