[TR] Period Modifications to TR6

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Thu Aug 11 06:06:06 MDT 2011

Allan,

If small air cleaners were available, I'm wondering if the car's original
emissions control system would be able to function properly since I believe
that  carb vapors were circulated through the original air cleaner to be
burnt during  running.  I guess the insurance company is okay with added
performance from  the triple carbs as long as it was period correct even if
something like  emissions control might be compromised.

But, back to your specific question about K&N's being available in  1975, I
can't remember.  I think I'd contact the K&N folks and ask  them.....there
should be some record in their files of whether these were being  marketed
in 1975.  If you hit a snag, see if you can find cheap  after market air
cleaners that you can fit for photo proof to the insurance  company then swap
out later.

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack,  PA
1976 TR6 CF57822U

In a message dated 8/10/2011 11:57:14 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,