[TR] Period Modifications to TR6

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Thu Aug 11 06:51:48 MDT 2011

In a message dated 8/11/2011 7:08:45 AM Central Daylight Time,
Chip19474 at aol.com writes:
> If small air cleaners were available, I'm wondering if the car's original
>
> emissions control system would be able to function properly since I
> believe
> that  carb vapors were circulated through the original air cleaner to be
> burnt during  running.  I guess the insurance company is okay with added
> performance from  the triple carbs as long as it was period correct even
> if
> something like  emissions control might be compromised.

Not on the TR6.  Some TR4's vented the crankcase to the air cleaners but
the TR6 Evap Control System is totally independent of the air cleaners.  The
charcoal canister feeds directly into the venturis in the carbs.

Why they care about air cleaners is beyond me.  Maybe their actuarial
tables show that cars with no mods or certain mods are less risk than cars with
other certain mods.  Or maybe they are just throwing darts at the wall.
Insurance companies work in mysterious ways.  But they always seem to be
profitable.

Dave