[TR] Splitting brakes calipers

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Sep 26 09:25:09 MDT 2010

Call TRF, ask for John or Dave, and ask them about the O-rings.  Last I
heard, they had them (even though they are not listed in the catalogs), and
would sell them if you ask.  The other option, of course, is to send them
your calipers for rebuilding (or I believe they have exchange units
available).

According to a long-ago post from Cliff Hansen, the O-rings are also
included in Beck-Arnley kit 071-1051, which appears to still be available
from many sources (try Googling it).  Here's a photo from Beck-Arnley's web
site:
http://tinyurl.com/38aynmu

Or just don't split them ... I have never split my original TR3A calipers
(perhaps because they are one-piece style <g>).

That same post from Cliff said the torque values are :
>7/16" (inside pair) 75 ft lbs.
>3/8" (outside pair) 45 ft lbs.
>Thanks to TRF technical assistance line.

Randall