[TR] tr-3 seats

dlylis at gmail.com dlylis at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 10:29:29 MDT 2010

Gary,
After tiring of the uncomfortable, smelly condititon of my seats, I gave some thought to doing them in a manner that does not require financing.
While sitting in the doctors office in one of those chairs with a metal frame, form shaped seat with closed cell foam and fabric covered, I had a Eureka moment.
I made a frame out of 3/4 ply and then bent 1/4 ply to form the dish shape that slopes front to back according to the height, shape, and slope of the original seat. I then covered with 1" closed cell foam from Goodyear, 2" open cell upholstery foam, then about 1" cotton batting. You need to take all this into account when making the frame or it will be too high
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T