[TR] Windshield Capping Seal for TR4A

ADRIAN DIX-DYER dixie4.wales at virgin.net
Sat Oct 23 01:00:55 MDT 2010

When I removed my capping there was no rubber seal on my TR4A. What
was there appeared to be a semi hardening sealer Sealstik or something
similar. If there was a rubber seal at sometime it had been replaced
with the Sealstik method.
What I am thinking is that when I refit the capping I will probably
opt for silicon sealer.

Adrian TR4A Wales UK

On Saturday, October 23, 2010, Bob <yellowtr at adelphia.net> wrote:
> On Friday, October 22, 2010 04:00:22 pm Guy D. Huggins wrote:
>> Listers,
>>
>> I am wondering if a part exists.
>>
>> When I removed the capping piece from atop the windshield of the TR4A (by
>> drilling out the rivets), it has what appears to be the remains of a
rubber
>> seal.
>> This seal was BETWEEN the capping piece and the windshield frame itself.
(I
>> suppose to prevent water from getting into the hollow parts of the
>> windscreen frame.)
>>
>> I have looked but cannot find a parts reference for this seal.
>> The closest I've found is the seal that attaches to the hood frame bar,
>> along with three metal strips, to form a seal between the hood frame and
>> the windscreen when the hood is raised.
>>
>> Does anyone have any information on this?
>>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Guy D. Huggins
>> 1965 Triumph TR4A
>> CTC 63569LO
>>

> Guy,
>
> When I attached the capping to my 63 TR4, I was in the same spot where you
are
> today. What I did was go down to Lowes and look at their weather striping
> selection.
>
> I found a type of weather stripping about 1" wide and in a very long coil.
It

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/dixie4.wales@virgin.net