[TR] Muffler question

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sun Oct 17 14:49:25 MDT 2010

On Sunday, October 17, 2010 02:47:45 pm Alexander Delis wrote:
> Group
>
> Got an email for a friend of mine who asked that I post this to the list
> for your reactions.
>
> > Would you do me a favor re: the email list that you told me about?  Now
>
> might be the time for me to replace the exhaust system.  The engine and
> transmission are out and I have all the rest of the car on the floor of my
> garage.
>
> > I like the sound of the original TR6 exhaust system.  I'm thinking that
> > I'll
>
> get the muffler that sounds the closest, and let the pipe guy install it
> with his pipes.
>
> > So the question is:  "What is the manufacturer and part number of a
> > muffler
>
> that sounds most like the original (deep,throaty & not that loud)?"
>
> Any responses appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Alex
>

> 1958 TR3 TS33884LO
> 1968 GT6 KC10303
> 1976 TR6 CF51981U

Alex,

I am partial to Bell exhausts. I have Bell systems on all my Triumphs, the 58
3, 63 4 and now on my 72 TR6. The 6 system is SS complete from the manifold to
the full dual mufflers. It is a sport system similar to what the big 3 sell
(Falcon) but SS throughout. Fit was perfect as with all Bell systems. Sound
has character but not loud.

The Bell folks advertise that their systems are designed to sound and perform
like the original systems offered by Triumph.

Problem with the Bell system is it is pricey. Mine cost me about 625$ +
shipping! But if you have the $ they are sure worth the cost.

Bob