[TR] TR3 Lower Windscreen Seal

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Sun Oct 17 09:17:08 MDT 2010

     I am replacing my windscreen and putting in a new seal that goes on the bottom of the windscreen to the cowl. I am using dish soap as a lubricant and I can only get the seal to slide in about 3" before it binds up. I am tugging on it with a pair of pliers to get it coaxed in, but no luck. What's the trick? Can I install it sliding the big lip and then pushing the short part in with a screwdriver or something?
     Gotta get it fixed today so I can drive it to work tomorrow.
     TIA,

     Bill Brewer