[TR] Gorilla Glue for Upholstery?

Chris Simo ccsimonsen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 10:24:12 MDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 10:09 AM, William Brewer <wsb1960tr3a at att.net>wrote:

>     I have a friend that put in the glued in interior parts (dash cover and
> cappings) of his TR3 using Gorilla Glue. Previously, he had used contact
> cement and it was all coming apart a few years later. So far, the GG looks
> like it is working great. Has anyone else done this? Any downsides?
>
>     -Bill in Tehachapi

I think it would work - but the issue I see is the stuff expands as it cures
and I'm thinking that this could telegraph through the vinyl or leather
covering.  Of course, this is not an issue if you only use it on unseen
edges.  Holding it taught while it cures  seems to be another issue that
contact type cements solve.

I'm a big fan of Gorilla glue so far  - other than being sticky and messy,
it's worked well for me in many cases.

Chris