[TR] TR6 Ignition Switch Questions

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sat Oct 16 10:29:21 MDT 2010

On Saturday, October 16, 2010 12:04:31 pm William Brewer wrote:
>      I am going to revise my sleep deprived email below.
>      Looking at the
> key, the key is only turning to the first position and I can't make it go
> to II or III. It must be something in the key lock/column from sliding the
> column shaft back earlier.
>      Any ideas?
>
>      -Bill

Bill,

If your steering lock is not functioning correctly then I am guessing that is
your primary problem here.

When I installed the switch/lock on my 72, I really had to play with the
fitting/location to insure the lock mechanism locked and unlocked as required.
I never really tried the 3 position switch as I was concerned with the locking
position.

Once I got the lock to function the switch worked as required.

That is where I would work first.

I am guessing once you get the lock working correctly the switch will work as
designed.

Also make sure you lube the locking post with some 3/1 oil.

Bob