[TR] [6pack] TR6 Still has an Issue

Bob Danielson 75tr6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Thu Oct 14 06:54:26 MDT 2010

I too battled clunks and clicks and finally got rid of it all 3 easy but
$$$$ steps:

1. Installed the Nissan diff (http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/DiffMain.htm)
and boxed in the diff mounts. That got rid of the clunks and leaks but now I
had a clicking that I traced back to worn splines on the axles.
2. In prep for #3, I first repaired all the TA studs using Rick Patton's TA
Repair Kit (http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/TAJig.htm)
3. I was all set to buy Goodparts upgraded hubs when he told me he was all
set to release his new CVJs which I got and installed
(http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/CVJ.htm)

So now I have a smooth quiet diff that doesn't leak, TA studs that will
never strip and CVJs that are quiet, smooth and new...... no need to worry
about a rear hub breaking. I'm not a fan of rebuilding 35 year old hubs.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection,
Toyota 5 speed & Nissan LSD