[TR] TR3 Hard Top Installation & Insulation

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Wed Oct 13 20:22:47 MDT 2010

     I've decided that after 18 years of TR3A ownership that it is time to restore & install the original factory steel hard Top. I've got the top, all the brackets, a new back window, new seals and a new headliner.
     I would like to insulate the top to help keep me warmer in the winter and cooler on warm days. Most of the foil backed insulation I find looks like it might be too thick and difficult to make look right around the rear window seal. Have any other listers insulated their TR3 hard tops? What did you use and how did it turn out?
     Are there any caveats or suggestions for restoring the hard top?
     TIA,

     Bill in Tehachapi