[TR] TR3 Speedo cable

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Wed Oct 13 11:42:15 MDT 2010

In a message dated 10/13/2010 12:21:45 PM Central Daylight Time,
cfmtr3a at verizon.net writes:
> In the pile of parts I have an angle drive for the speedometer cable.
>
> It was not standard on the TR3 (A-type overdrive).
>
> Is there any advantage/disadvantage to using one?
>     My viewpoint:
>         Advantage:        No 'major' curve in the cable
>         Disadvantage:   Not original; larger (maybe) piece sitting under
> the
> handbrake boot.
>
> What is the consensus of triumphazzi?

Concessus?  Ha!

Seriously, another possible disadvantage is that the angel drive doesn't
fit under the transmission cover.  I don't know one way or the other but maybe
you could check it out and educate the rest of us.

Dave

PS: See you in Jekyll.  Remember not to heckle when you are there.