[TR] TR-3/4/5/6 Aluminum hubs Commercial message

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Mon Oct 11 22:53:20 MDT 2010

uncle jack's racing Aluminum front hubs are going back into
production for a limited quantity run.

These are a revised design that I've been testing on my TR-4 race car
all season.  We are using a different set of inner bearings than the
prior aluminum hubs used, but they have the same high load rating and
are about half of the cost.  These hubs eliminate a significant
weakness in the stock hubs between the inner and outer flange.  They
incorporate very high load rating, larger than stock Timken bearings
which eliminates the bearing failure issues that are present with
stock bearings when using sticky tires.  I have been running set with
bearings of this load rating from 2003 through 2009 (before running
the prototypes this year) and can detect no wear in the bearings.  I
drive them HARD, and am not afraid to use the curbs.

I'm taking pre-orders at this time - no deposits yet.  But, please
don't pre-order a set if you don't really intend to buy them.  This
is a very significant investment for me, and I need to gauge the
level of interest.

Here's how the pricing shakes out (US dollars):
A) Bare hubs: $175.00 each / $350.00 per pair
B) Hubs with Timken races and ARP studs installed: $280.00 each /
$560.00 per pair
C) Hubs with all bearings, seals, dust caps and ARP studs installed:
$370.00 each / $740.00 per pair

For folks who order these hubs, if you already have the heavy duty
axle kit, I'll supply a pair of bearing spacers that will work with
these hubs for $40 per pair.

If you don't already have a set of the Heavy Duty front axles, I'll
supply the axle kit along with the hubs for $150 per pair.  These are
the lowest prices for the axle kits that have been offered.

Shipping is a flat $20 in the continental US, $35 to Canada, and
other international shipping is probably $50 - at least to Germany or
to Australia.

The hubs are designed to accept ARP 1/2" x 3" studs, but ARP 7/16" x
3.2" studs can be specified.  7/16" is the stock diameter.

If you're interested, please send an e-mail to tony at tonydrews.com
with the following info:
*  Which set you're interested in (A, B or C)
*  How many hubs are desired (2 would be assumed)
*  Stud diameter desired
*  Are spacers needed?

Thanks for your interest,
Tony Drews