[TR] Subject: Re: How Many Sidescreen TR's Are Daily Drivers?

Catpusher at aol.com Catpusher at aol.com
Wed Nov 3 23:27:10 MST 2010

>From 1961 to 1970 my TR3 was my only car.  I lived in Boston, MA, and
parts of Ohio. I used tire chains a number of times with standard wire  wheels.
As rally history proves, TR3 are a blast to drive in the  snow.
 One time in a Ohio blizzard, when I had left the chains at home, and  the
TR became High Centered, I cut my tow rope in half and laced it through  the
rear wire wheels. Perhaps that is why I am still here!

btw, cleaning out the heater coils made a large difference, as did making a
 truck-like muff to close off most of (adjustable) the grill and running
the  temp well past normal.
Has anyone mentioned driving down a straight road with the left hand
crossed through the steering wheel to get that hand to the heater?  Perhaps  not
OSHA approved.

Hardy

In a message dated 10/30/2010 10:26:29 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,