[TR] TR4 Speedo with OD

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Sun May 30 06:46:03 MDT 2010

Tom,

It sounds like the right angle drive gear isn't working.  I just  recently
replaced one for a friend.....the movable, inner shaft had seized and
snapped inside the gear housing.....it was very difficult to see without
removing the gear so, unless you can get the car on a lift, disconnect the cable
and shine a light on the gear while someone above is running the car in
gear, that's what you need to do to verify.  If you remove it in your  garage,
get the car up on jack stands as high as you can because you'll need  some
room to maneuver your wrenches/sockets!

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA
1976 TR6  CF57822U

In a message dated 5/29/2010 10:31:32 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,