[TR] TRactor engine: conrods big end tab washers. Needed or not?

francois wildi fwildi at yahoo.com
Sun May 30 13:35:06 MDT 2010

Hello,
I am about to put my pistons back into my TR3 engine (with new rings).
Our supply chain being VERY bad here, I had to wait 4 weeks to get the
rings... only to discover that the conrod big end TAB WASHERs that I had
ordered are missing.
Now I'm hesitating to ship everything back and order
everything express international from Moss or mounting the conrod bing end
bold without these tab washers. I take it racers must have an idea on this...
Time is of essence. Our MVD want to inspect my car on June 24th, and since
they will analyse the exhaust gas, I better put a few 100 miles on it to run
in the engine.

BTW, I was very impressed when Moss US sent me to Switzerland
a replacement brake fluid tank free of charge to replace a questionable one I
got from them; even though the original was shipped to Arizona and taken home
in my suitcase.

Frangois
TR3A
Lotus Elan Plus2 (oh yes!)