[TR] Non TR3 question

Alex ambritts at bellsouth.net
Mon May 24 08:04:56 MDT 2010

Hello all,
Not a TR3 question but a TR6 question.

Moss Motors sells an upgrade SU carb setup. My friend just bought a 1970 TR6
with this SU setup. The PO had to install a pressure regulator off the new
mechanical pump from Moss,because it was pumping close to 7 lbs. This caused
gas to pour out of two brass tubes coming out of the top of fuel bowls. Once
installed the problem no longer existed.

These tubes are the kind that would have some kind of tubing attached to it.
It reminds me of the vent tube on a TR3 that comes from the fuel bowl to the
airfilter.

My concern was the direction these tubes point. Right to the exhaust manifold.
Then I put my fingers over the tube openings and the car stalled within 10
seconds. So they are definitely sucking air. I was told that nothing needed to
go over these tubes and Moss did not supply directions. They (Moss) also
indicated that they never heard of the gas problem coming from these tubes.

At the very least I would want to filter these tubes as they are pulling air
in. The original carbon canister was taken off. I am considering reinstalling
the canister (if we can find it) and venting these two tubes to the canister.

Anyone have any experience or thoughts.

Alex Manzo
72 TR6
59 TR3A