[TR] Non TR3 question

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon May 24 10:51:53 MDT 2010

> Then I put my fingers over the tube openings and the car
> stalled within 10
> seconds.

Do these tubes come from the top of the float bowls?  Or from the carb body?

If they are just bowl vents, then they shouldn't be sucking air.

The Moss website lists a pair of SU HS6 carbs; but HS6 were original to many
cars (including some TR4A).  Is your friend certain that the actual carbs on
the car came from Moss as a TR6 conversion?

Although Triumph and SU parted ways, SU carbs continued to be used on other
cars.  Lots of them had various emissions ports.

Randall