[TR] TR-non TR- ADVICE

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon May 24 00:18:30 MDT 2010

> the buyer will do a
> western union bank wire  transfer

Why would he go to Western Union instead of his own bank?  Not a common
scam, but smells suspicious to me.

At the very least, you should open an account just for this transfer, and
not release the engine until you have cash in hand (not just a balance on an
account).  At least that way, he won't get access to your real account
number.

Normally, WU is pretty good about making sure they have the money before
they do a transfer; but if it does turn out they have been defrauded, you
know who they will come looking for to get their money back!  You might even
get a nice vacation in the local calaboose out of the deal.

> he wants me to ship the engine to a P.O. box.

This is a joke, right?  The post office isn't going to take an engine, and
no one else is allowed to deliver to post office boxes.

Let me guess: The next step is that he will change his mind about the engine
(since it can't be shipped to a PO Box), and you should send him 'his' money
back.  Then about 3 weeks later, the fraud will be discovered and you'll
have to give the money back, again.

Randall