[TR] Repairing Cloisonne badge

Doug Hamilton douglasehamilton at shaw.ca
Mon May 17 10:34:57 MDT 2010

Mark,
If you go to a high end fishing supply store you can usually buy little viles of powder coating powder for repairing or creating custom fishing lures..
I got mine at Whole Sale Sports here in Calgary. And used it to re-do the Cloisonne badge on my 63 Fiat it turned out beautifully. I used a small syringe to carefully put the powder were the enamel was. Pins and small brushes come in handy to get the powder in all the places it needs to be in.
If you go this way I strongly recommend practicing on a throw away item first you have to get it right the first time. I have a hub cap I screwed up and it's a bitch to remove the powder coating.

Doug Hamilton
1960 Triumph TR3A
!963 Fiat Cabriolet