[TR] Repairing Cloisonne Badge

Brian Jones Brian.L.Jones at gsk.com
Mon May 17 13:07:24 MDT 2010

As a kid, I used to pour clear epoxy resin into silicone molds to make
completely useless paperweights that probably now sit in a landfill somewhere,
still encasing the watch parts, insect or what have you that I condemned to
plastic immortality.

These resins did not have to be clear. Translucent and opaque dyes were and
are available:

http://www.dickblick.com/products/castincraft-opaque-pigments/

Take a trip to a decent art/craft store and get resin, hardener and dye and
experiment to ensure you can get the finish and colour that you need. While
not glass-hard, it's pretty durable stuff.

Black should be an easy colour to match.

Brian