[TR] TR3A A-Type Overdrive Oil Change

KingsCreekTrees at aol.com KingsCreekTrees at aol.com
Sun Mar 28 08:35:23 MST 2010

In a message dated 3/28/2010 10:15:27 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Dave1massey at cs.com writes:

Actually, the factory thought of it half a century ago.  If your  TR has a
dip stick you have a transmission form an earlier car.  Or a  cover from a
later car.  That feature was eliminated along with the  factory provided
access
hole at some point in production, not doubt to  save a few pennies.  My 57
has both.

Oh, now I get it! I have a TR3A built in October '57, so when I read about
having to cut a hole in the cover and it taking half an hour to top up the
oil,  I was very confused. I didn't realise that feature was deleted on
later cars.  That's really good to know.

Tim Dyer,  Kings Creek Trees and Ornamentals
427 Kings Creek Road, RR3
Ashton, ON K0A  1B0
Canada
Phone/fax: 613 253 4126 Website: _www.kingscreektrees.com_
(http://www.kingscreektrees.com/)

Proud  member of Landscape Ontario (the Ontario association for
horticulture  professionals), the Canadian Nursery and Landscape Association, the
Ottawa  Botanical Garden Society, the Carleton Place Horticultural Society and
the  Christmas Tree Farmers of Ontario