[TR] TR3A A-Type Overdrive Oil Change

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Mar 28 08:30:09 MST 2010

> Actually, the factory thought of it half a century ago.  If
> your TR has a
> dip stick you have a transmission form an earlier car.

Or, someone has thoughtfully converted a later transmission with the top
cover from an earlier one.  My TR3 has a TR6 gearbox with a dipstick.

It makes adding oil something you can do on the side of the road, if
necessary.  Just be sure to put the dipstick back in!

> BTW, a felt battery post washer is a perfect fit under the screen.B

Yeah, but there are supposed to be some ring magnets there.

Randall