[TR] long TR4 inlet manifold in a TR3A/B ?

francois wildi fwildi at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 05:18:27 MST 2010

Hello,
Yes I measured 80mm height on the regular and 115 on the long one. Gee.
Yes, by wedge I mean adjusting the angle of the carb flange which more vertical on the TR4.

I went to show my project to the guys at our mechanical shop downstairs. For some reason, they always have a kind of a grin when they see me coming with old hardware. But they are always ready to help. The present idea is to saw off the cylinder head side flanges, shorten the tubes a bit, may be 15mm (they are nearly straight on the head side), counter sink the flanges a bit and TIG weld it back to the tubes. I love this idea! I had one mechanics promise me he'd teach me how to TIG weld. We were just waiting for an opportunity.

We'll see what reasonably feasible. And then I'll see if I can fit my K+N, my 2" horns or whatever else on the carbs inlet.

Cheers
Francois