[TR] long TR4 inlet manifold in a TR3A/B ?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Mar 16 13:48:45 MST 2010

I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to.  Two things I'll be doing :

1) Use the SU HS6 carbs from a late TR4A.  These are both quite a bit
shorter than the original H6 carbs, and have substantial improvements.  I've
also heard they flow better.

2) If the result is too long, I'm simply going to modify the inner wing.
It's already been 'massaged' to clear (more or less) the 4A paper element
air filters.  If need be, I may even introduce a cold air box with an
external air intake through the fender area.

-- Randall 

More information about the Triumphs mailing list