[TR] Distributor bits

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Thu Mar 11 18:02:51 MST 2010

On Thursday 11 March 2010 07:36:07 pm Carl TR wrote:
> I was able to fix the clamp - will need to get an appropriate bolt/nut to
> replace the bent one- but otherwise it works.  (I used a long machine
> screw/nut and was able to tighten it down.)
>
> The vacuum unit is toast. BPNW has them listed on their site.  But - I
> vaguely remembered a thread about distributor issues when installed on 86mm
> engines.  A search of the archives found:
> Re: TR3A ignition timing
>       from [Thomas Meise]
Carl,

If you are having trouble with your distributor, any part of it, you can send
it to Advanced Distributors and Jeff will rebuild it better than new for around
100 $. He will replace any worn part and install a new vacuum unit if
required.

I had him do my distributor on my 72 TR6 and it came back better than new and
he micro polishes the body to a mirror shine,

After my 6 is done I am going to be shipping both my 3 and 4 distributors to
him. He comes very highly recommended!

The link is: http://www.advanceddistributors.com/index.htm

Bob