[TR] TR3 Clutch Won't Bleed

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 16:54:42 MST 2010

For years I have read posts about problems bleeding the clutch and
have been mystified how this could be as it always worked fine for me.
 Until now.

It started as a routine adjustment check and bleed -- but it wouldn't pump up.

I have now replaced everything rubber (MC rebuild kit, Slave rebuild
kit & hose) and still I get the dead pedal, no fluid pumping.

I have tried bleeding it with the slave dangling rather than mounted.

Can it be that there is air in that bit of hard line from the
reservoir to the MC that will not move on?

I have never done a bench-bleed -- could that be needed?  Would
undoing the inlet and outlet pipes on the MC and use eye-dropper to
fill the cylinder make sense.

I did rig up a pressure cap for the reservoir and introduced about 10#
of air pressure, no joy.

What's really frustrating is that at one point (after the new hose and
MC seals) I had it working but was getting a tiny leak from the slave
and that is when I decided to go ahead and redo it too.  Now I'm back
to nada.

Failing a solution I'll take any rationale that blames my wife (though
she has been a real good sport spending way too much time in the
drivers seat doing the pedal work).

Thanks for any help.

Geo