[TR] aero screen mounts

KingsCreekTrees at aol.com KingsCreekTrees at aol.com
Sat Mar 6 14:10:12 MST 2010

Here's what I know:

My car is TS22930LO, so has the fittings/mountings for the original-type
aeroscreens. I bought Brooklands aeroscreens (the ones currently available)
but  they don't match up to the car's original mountings.

Communication then took place between myself and a real aeroscreen guru
called Tom Maddock (_ukz3man at yahoo.com_ (mailto:ukz3man at yahoo.com) ).  Tom
produces conversion kits to make the Brooklands aeroscreen fit the original
mountings. I bought a set from him; they work great. The mounting kit also
includes seals for between the screens and the body that are designed to be
the  right height and fill the gap properly.

One thing to bear in mind is that the glass on the original aeroscreens has
 quite a bit more surface area than the glass on the Brooklands screens.
The  original frames were about the same size as the later ones, but the
original  glass widens out to be wider and taller than the later ones, giving a
bit  more protection.

I've only just fitted my Brooklands aeroscreens, using Tom's conversion
kits, so I can't tell you if they divert sufficient air flow/rain/bugs/etc. at
 speed. They certainly sit lower to the body than intended. To me, that
would not  seem to be a problem but, with every conversion kit, Tom provides a
template for  the earlier glass to fit the later frame.

Let me know if you need further info.

Tim

Tim Dyer,  Kings Creek Trees and Ornamentals
427 Kings Creek Road, RR3
Ashton, ON K0A  1B0
Canada
Phone/fax: 613 253 4126 Website: _www.kingscreektrees.com_
(http://www.kingscreektrees.com/)

Proud  member of Landscape Ontario (the Ontario association for
horticulture  professionals), the Canadian Nursery and Landscape Association, the
Ottawa  Botanical Garden Society, the Carleton Place Horticultural Society and
the  Christmas Tree Farmers of Ontario