[TR] Straightening coiled brake tubing.

John Wise tr3a.60 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 07:34:54 MDT 2010

I have only used my original TR3A jack back in my college days (a long time
ago) & I remember it worked much  easier than the stuff they were putting in
American iron at the time.  I always thought of it the jack you use if you had
a flat tire on the road somewhere, not anything I would use at home.  At home
I only use my hydraulic trolley jack.

John

On  10 Jun, 2010, at 6:02 AM, Randall wrote:

>> However you can probably skip that
>> bit especially if
>> you have no plans on using the original jack.  I've never
>> used one.
>
> It actually works surprisingly well, IMO, especially when compared to a
> scissors jack.  Not as good as a hydraulic trolley jack of course, but who
> wants to carry one of those out on the road?  After getting an original
> jack, I promptly relegated my scissors jack to the junk box, and haven't
> used it since.
>
>> I still don't
>> have a ratchet handle for it.
>
> I didn't either, until relatively recently.  However, the hex is a standard
> Whitworth size, and the force required is relatively low, so an open-end
> wrench works reasonably well.  I forget the size offhand, but it's in my
> Whitworth set.
>
> Or a adjustable wrench will do, in a pinch.
>
> Personally I would not want to rule out using an original jack, but that's
> just my opinion.
>
> Randall

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/tr3a.60@gmail.com

John A. Wise