[TR] Straightening coiled brake tubing.

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Jun 10 07:02:24 MDT 2010

> However you can probably skip that
> bit especially if
> you have no plans on using the original jack.  I've never
> used one.

It actually works surprisingly well, IMO, especially when compared to a
scissors jack.  Not as good as a hydraulic trolley jack of course, but who
wants to carry one of those out on the road?  After getting an original
jack, I promptly relegated my scissors jack to the junk box, and haven't
used it since.

> I still don't
> have a ratchet handle for it.

I didn't either, until relatively recently.  However, the hex is a standard
Whitworth size, and the force required is relatively low, so an open-end
wrench works reasonably well.  I forget the size offhand, but it's in my
Whitworth set.

Or a adjustable wrench will do, in a pinch.

Personally I would not want to rule out using an original jack, but that's
just my opinion.

Randall