[TR] Straightening coiled brake tubing.

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 18:03:38 MDT 2010

On 6/10/10, Dave1massey at cs.com <Dave1massey at cs.com> wrote:
> if you have no plans on using the original jack.  I've never used one.  I never
> had one until more recently.  Not sure I would trust it.  I still don't
> have a ratchet handle for it.

If you have a flat tire on the road you may find there isn't room
under the frame for an aftermarket scissors jack or any other such
jack, whereas the thru-the-floor jack still works fine.

Some of the repro ratchet handles were problematic so I carry a
ratchet from a cheap 3/8" set -- there was a metric socket that fit
the jack nicely (13mm?).

Geo