[TR] Bumpers for TR3 solid axle

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Tue Jun 8 09:51:36 MDT 2010

You are looking at the page for the TR4.  TR3's just have the one type of
bumper/buffer that wraps around the rear axel, Moss p/n 674-580, you will
need two of these.  The installation of them is what the email you found is
referring to.

I may have a picture or two, I will send it off-line.

Bill Beecher
'58 TR-3A TS30766L  "Tarbaby"
www.triumphowners.com/1566

They list #81 Bump rubber (on body), #82 rebound rubber (on frame) and #85
Buffer (on ???)  I don't have a clue.  I can guess on the bumper on the
frame
- I see a fastener on the frame but other than that I'm lost.  Anyone have
pics or can help me out?

I found this in the MY archives from 2006 and still shaking my head.

> I am looking at installing the new rubber bumpers on the rear axle.
> Since they don't streach far enough to clear the bearing flange the
> only way I can see to install them is to cut them and tie them with
> safety wire (or zip ties).
> Before I pass the point of no return I ask:  "Am I missing something?"

I don't think so.  That's the way the originals went on, too.

Randall

Thanks in advance,
Jack 1959 TR3A
Philadelphia, PA