[TR] TR4 tonneau

Brad Kahler brad.kahler at 141.com
Tue Jun 8 09:47:17 MDT 2010

I'm trying to find out what if any differences there are between the
TR4 and TR4A tonneau covers.

My 63 came with a black tonneau that had been reworked to fit around
the roll bar and since I'm taking the roll bar out I need to use a
different tonneau cover.  The fasteners for the dash were the
Lift-A-Dot style of fasteners as are the ones around the rear cockpit
aluminum trip strips. The doors had the round snaps installed which I
believe is typical for all tonneau covers.

At some time in the past I acquired a nice original (at least I think
it is original) white tonneau.  This particular tonneau has the push
snaps like those used on the doors although it has the Lift-A-Dot
style fasteners for around the rear cockpit trim.

So the question is are the TR4 and TR4A tonneau covers different?  I
would think a 63 TR4 would use the Lift-A-Dot style of fasteners on
the dash for the tonneau.  I base that statement on the fact that my
64 Spitfire used the Lift-A-Dot style for the dash as well so I would
think a 63 TR4 would be the same.

I would prefer the Lift-A-Dot fasteners so I'm also wondering if I can
replace the round snaps with Lift-A-Dot fasteners without ruining the
tonneau.

Thanks!

Brad