[TR] 1976 TR6 - Electrical Connections to solenoid

Alex Cherington a_flying_scotsman at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 7 00:35:18 MDT 2010

Hi,

I posted a couple of weeks ago about the wiring to my TR6 solenoid that had
suffered while in storage.

I have had a look at the wiring schematic and at the solenoid on my car. On
the solenoid I can see the main feed from the battery(thick cable) and then 2
spade terminals. One spade terminal appears to be the feed from the ignition
switch and I have reconnected that one. Not sure what should be on the other
spade connector as there is nothing on it at the moment.

Any ideas???

What do I need connected to the solenoid as a minimum to get it to turn over
on the key? At the moment when I turn the key nothing happens.

Thanks