[TR] TR3A Generator/Dynamo question

Peter Caldwell peter at nosimport.com
Fri Jul 9 14:30:15 MDT 2010

Back in the day, when we were rebuilding piles of these units, we
would freely interchange the cases (that has the part number), and
the armatures and end plates, to a lesser degree.   There is a lot of
interchangeability with these units. They fit a pile of cars as well
as Triumphs.  There will also be a date code stamped on the case,
that will be a give-away. Most electrical shops can repair the
armature, though finding a suitable replacement shouldn't be too
hard. The bushing, and end plates are available as well. 22700  22704
22715 etc. etc.

Hmmmm just checked my old Lucas reference.. your car should have a
22258  which is interchangeable with the above units.

         Peter C
===