[TR] TR3A Generator/Dynamo question

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Fri Jul 9 13:09:59 MDT 2010

Lost the rear bushing last weekend and it appears that the armature/windings
are damaged as well.  I have been looking through the internet for a
replacement and am not sure just what the correct unit for my car is, and
what alternative units will work as well or better.

The stamping on my generator case shows 22700K, however I see in the TRF red
book that they supply 22715 which appears to be a TR4 unit but would
probably work as well or be an upgrade.  One thing I noted on my 22700 unit
is that is uses spade connections rather than the ring & screw that would
lead me to believe it is even a newer(post-TS60000) unit that what I am
really supposed to have.

Is there any cross reference available that could show just what models will
be successfully compatible with my 1958 TS-30766L?

TIA

Bill

Bill Beecher
'58 TR-3A TS30766L  "Tarbaby"