[TR] TR3A Generator/Dynamo question

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Jul 9 16:06:46 MDT 2010

> Hmmmm just checked my old Lucas reference.. your car should have a
> 22258  which is interchangeable with the above units.

Just for chuckles, I found that all the following Lucas numbers interchange
to the same "new" number (G4012):

22250
22258
22272
22295
22297
22700
22704
22705
22708
22715
22725
22742
22748
22754
22767
22775
22785
22789

But as noted, most of these will have the later "Lucar" connections instead
of the earlier studs/nuts.  To deal with that issue, I would suggest just
replacing the short 2-wire sub-harness from the generator to the control
box, with one that has suitable connections on each end.  It tends to get
fried with heat anyway, so chances are that your old one is in poor
condition.

The 3/8" quick connects used for the output terminal are getting a bit
harder to find, but my local electronics shop still has them on the shelf,
and it appears that Digi-Key will sell you a strip of 10 for under $4:
http://tinyurl.com/y9ma9u2

-- Randall