[TR] Question on installing a Delco 7127 style alternator on a TR4A

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Jul 4 15:30:56 MDT 2010

> 1. I am planning on using a  7 inch long 3/8 grade 8 bolt
> thru the bottom
> "pivot bolt hole on the alternator which will allow me to run

That's the way I did mine, and it worked out fairly well.  Only downside was
that the big bolt had to be taken loose to install a new belt.

Also, with my Ford Motorcraft alternator, I had to cut down it's mounting
foot, to get the pulleys to line up properly.  No big deal, but when it
finally wore out, I had to either cut the new one or transfer the old front
housing to it (which is what I did).

> 2. Where can I get a upper tension bracket that will work on this
> installation?

Check any "speed shop", they usually carry a variety of such items in chrome
plate.  I used the original, flattened to fit.

Randall