[TR] Question on installing a Delco 7127 style alternator on a TR4A

Peter pfullam at nycap.rr.com
Sun Jul 4 13:14:02 MDT 2010

Hi Dave,

I installed a GM 10SI alternator in my TR4 a couple of years ago. I used
exactly the method you described for the bottom mount, i.e. the long bolt
and spacer thru the generator mounting bracket. For the upper tension
bracket I used the original TR bracket. I hammered out most of the offset to
make the bracket line up with the upper mount on the alternator. The whole
setup, including the switch to negative ground, has been pretty much
bulletproof.

Best of Luck,

Pete Fullam
CT19207L (o)