[TR] Question on installing a Delco 7127 style alternator on a TR4A

Randy&Val DeRuiter deruiterville at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 4 20:46:21 MDT 2010

I did a slight variation to this which has worked out well.  The 3/8" bolt
does not pass through the rear tab of the original bracket without widening
it, so I bought a 5/16x3/8 reducing coupling and used it with a 3/8 bolt and a
5/15 bolt and didn't need to modify anything.  I had the original tensioner
and could use that too with no modification but I had to shim it out by about
1/4" to get it to work.  Used a spare front suspension stop lock for that
which worked out great!

Randy
64 TR4
59 TR3A