[TR] TR3 "snap-back" Side Mirrors

Joe Laurito trglory at verizon.net
Sat Jul 3 09:06:22 MDT 2010

The remnant I have is the same as the Tex mirror but with no script on the
back. It was on the car as delivered by the dealer. Outside mirrors were not
required by law in NJ when TR3s were new, but virtually every MGA and TR3 on
the dealers' lots had them.

Joe
_______
Yes indeed......spring mounted mirrors were available on new TR3s. During
the dealer's sales pitch, I remember him pointing these out to me as being
more desirable than the regular Lucas mirror.

They were not Lucas but were made by another English company. I have an old
broken one in my stock of "valuable parts". If I can find it I will send a
follow-up message if there is a company name on it.

Joe

_______

They're actually called Tex Springback mirror stems. I have a set (stems and
heads) on my 3A and they work as advertised. Problem is the front wing
mirrors
are hard to see so I added a baby-on-board convex mirror to the windshield.
It
cost around $5 and mounts with a suction cup.
Anyway Tex is here : http://www.texautomotive.com/classic_mirror_stems.html

Hope this helps,
PeterK