[TR] TR3 "snap-back" Side Mirrors

Peter K kentech0822 at myfairpoint.net
Fri Jul 2 18:52:47 MDT 2010

On 7/2/10, Hans de Ferrante <tr3 at roadrunner.com> wrote:
> During a recent meet someone had fender side mirrors on his TR  that
> not only seem much sturdier than the originals...

>Of course 'original' would be no wing mirrors at all... but I assume
>you mean the classic Lucas mirror usually fitted.  I recall back in
>the day there were similar mirrors that were spring-loaded where the
>mirror socket joined the stem, had a set somewhere along the way.
>Likely not Lucas, more likely JCWhitney given my budget then.  Haven't
>seen a set in years.

>Geo

They're actually called Tex Springback mirror stems. I have a set (stems and
heads) on my 3A and they work as advertised. Problem is the front wing mirrors
are hard to see so I added a baby-on-board convex mirror to the windshield. It
cost around $5 and mounts with a suction cup.
Anyway Tex is here : http://www.texautomotive.com/classic_mirror_stems.html

Hope this helps,
PeterK