[TR] lending cars?

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sat Jul 3 07:11:10 MDT 2010

On Friday, July 02, 2010 10:15:29 pm Gary Nafziger wrote:
> How do listers feel about loaning they're cars for events such as weddings,
> prom ect?  I've been contacted several times and usually I comply.
> Normally I have them come and drive with me to be sure they can handle a
> manual shift.  I thought one driver ruined my overdrive, however after the
> experience it did work fine.
>
> I just received a request today from someone i don't know (but with
> connections to my small town)  with a very very interesting story (too
> long to repeat here).  Just wondered what others experiences have been and
> what concerns/issues one should look for.
>
> thanks
>
> gary n.

Gary,

My 63 TR4 (SPA White) has been in 3 weddings but I did the driving. In 2, I
drove the bride to the wedding ceremony. The other one it was just used as a
prop for photos at the reception.

It is best to check with your insurance company. If you have classic type
insurance, they may not cover if someone other than you are driving.

But between you and me, no one gets into the drivers seat with the key on any
of my 3  TRs but me, wife or kids.

Bob